Susong Building - Page 7

 
Underwood

UNDERWOOD

This 3 hp engine was built by Frank M. Underwood of Upper Sandusky, Ohio, about 1896.  It was used on Catawba Island in Lake Erie just north of Sandusky.  It was recovered in the 1960s and beautifully restored.  It features much well finished bright work, a side shaft and vertical governor.  It was the forerunner of the engines built by the Ohio Motor Co. of Sandusky, and many similarities are evident. 

 

 Introduction 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
Copyright 2018 by Coolspring Power Museum