McKee Station - Introduction

 

McKee Station was an original National Transit crude oil pumping station located south of Clintonville, PA.  In the mid-1980s, it was dismantled and moved to the museum to represent a typical mid-level gathering station.  It  collected oil from local leases and a miniature station into two large tanks and then transferred it to Kennerdell Station where it was pumped on to the refinery at Emlenton, PA.  The original station was built in 1898 and this version was done in 1939.  It operated into the early 1970s.  Some equipment has been added for interest, but it remains a typical National Transit station with appropriate engines and pumps. 

 

McKee Station
McKee Station
 Introduction 1  2  3
Copyright 2017 by Coolspring Power Museum